Effective: September 4, 2019
(“you”, “your”, “user”) in connection with our website,
https://axlehire.com, secure site accessible through our website, our mobile application called AxleHire Driver, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, and the AxleHire service (collectively the “Services”). It also explains your rights and choices with respect to such information and the steps you can take to protect your privacy.
AxleHire’s Services are available to different types of users, including our clients, drivers, delivery recipients, and website visitors.
The information that the Services collect from and shares about you may vary based on your user type and your interactions with our Services.
- A Client is an individual or organization who has engaged AxleHire to ship goods to Recipients.
- A Driver is an individual who contracts with AxleHire to transport Clients’ goods to Recipients.
- A Recipient is an individual to whom a client ships goods using the AxleHire Services.
- A User is an individual that visits or uses the website. Clients, Drivers, and Recipients are also Users.
Information We Collect
We and our service providers collect various types of information through the Services. We collect information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services and when you engage in certain actions on the Services, as well as from other users of the Services such as when a Client submits information about Recipients in order to facilitate the delivery of packages to the Recipients. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Information about and from Clients. To set up a Client account, we ask Clients to provide a username and password, contact name, phone number, email address, and physical address. In order to fulfill our Clients’ shipment needs, we will also collect information from Clients about their customers, whom we refer to in this Policy as Recipients, including each Recipient’s name, email address, physical delivery address,
telephone number and delivery notification preferences.
- Information about and from Drivers.
In order to become a Driver for AxleHire, drivers must provide us with a username and password, their name, address, phone number, email address, physical address, birthdate, driver’s license number or other state or federal ID number, vehicle information including license plate, social security number and bank account information (to facilitate payment). Drivers may optionally provide a profile avatar.
Background Check Information.
We also perform background checks on all drivers using a third-party background check provider, who will then give us access to the background check information and results. While we can access the background check information, we do not store it.
Additionally, when our Drivers use the AxleHire Drive mobile application we request permission to access, collect, and track our Drivers’ precise location as part of the Services. Driver location is tracked when the AxleHire Drive mobile application is in use or active assignments are being worked. AxleHire does not access, collect, or track Driver location when the app is not being used.
- Information about Recipients.
We receive information about the Recipients of shipments and deliveries from our Clients. This information includes the Recipient’s name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and delivery notification preferences. Recipients may track the status of their packages through our website by entering their tracking code at
- Information about Shipments.
We collect and track information about the shipments initiated and completed through the Services.
- Other information you provide us directly through the Services.
We may also collect additional or other information when Users directly provide it to us through the Services. For example, when Users contact us through the Services by email or telephone, we may receive a name, email address or phone number, company and industry information, information about the services the User is interested in, and the content of the communication.
- Information collected automatically.
When you use our Services, we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, information about your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the date and time of your visit, how you interact with the Services including links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version, device type, and device identifiers, such as IDFA or Google Ad ID), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your Services usage:
When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
Web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies.
The Services and the emails that you receive from AxleHire may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “tag” or “pixel”) and similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. For example, it may allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
We may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5. Your browser may offer its own management tool to manage LSOs.
How We Use the Information We Collect
AxleHire uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. These purposes include, for example:
- to provide the website and Services to you;
- to create an account for your use of the Services;
- to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services;
- to facilitate and complete shipments and the tracking of shipments, or fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- for Drivers, to conduct background checks; assess individuals to become Drivers for AxleHire, and to facilitate payments due to Drivers for services rendered;
- to communicate with you regarding the Services, including by delivering confirmations, account information, delivery or other notifications, and similar operational communications, including via email and text message depending on your preferences;
- to send invoices;
- to send newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our Services or other services that may be of interest to you;
- to create new products and services;
- to conduct analytics and research concerning our Services;
- to tailor content on the Services and target our advertising;
- to secure the Services and the information provided through the Services;
- to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- as otherwise permitted by law, for other purposes related to managing our business.
In addition to the purposes above, we use the information that we collect automatically for such purposes as: counting and recognizing users of the Services; analyzing how users interact with and use the Services and various features of the Services; improving the Services and enhancing users’ experiences with the Services; creating new products and services; and enabling additional analytics and research concerning the Services.
With whom we share your information
We share your information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
- Clients, Drivers, and Recipients. We share Recipients’ information with the Drivers making the deliveries in order to facilitate the delivery. To the extent phone numbers are shared to allow Recipients and Drivers to communicate about deliveries, the phone numbers are masked. AxleHire does not share the actual phone numbers among Recipients and Drivers. Drivers’ ability to access Recipient information is restricted approximately 24 hours after the
delivery has been completed. We also share information about the Drivers making deliveries with Clients and Recipients, such as the Driver’s location so a delivery may be tracked.
website and perform data storage and processing services, provide help services, send emails and other notifications, conduct background checks on Drivers, and perform analytics, among others.
- Legal purposes. We may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to others, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Organizational transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our organization or assets.
Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties, such as by publishing or sharing reports with third parties about trends in the usage of AxleHire’s Services.
Analytics and Interest-based Advertising
We partner with certain third-party service providers to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use server logs, web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
In particular, we use Google Analytics on our website to help collect and analyze certain information for the purposes discussed above. You can learn more about Google Analytics’ data practices by clicking
We also partner with third parties to provide advertising services that are targeted based on your online activities across websites, mobile apps, and devices over time (commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising”). Our advertising partners may collect information about your activities on our Services on your current device and combine it with information about your activities on other websites, mobile apps, and devices. They may collect such information using server logs, cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels, mobile advertising IDs (such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID), cross-device linking, and similar technologies. For example, our advertising partners may use the fact that you visited our websites or used our mobile app to target advertising to you on other websites and mobile apps on your current device or on other devices you use. You can opt out of interest-based advertising in web browsers and mobile apps on your current browser or device by following the instructions below.
For more information about interest-based advertising and cross-device linking, please visit the
Network Advertising Initiative website and the
Digital Advertising Alliance website. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising and cross-device linking in web browsers and mobile apps on your current browser or device by following the instructions below.
Web Browser Opt-Out. To opt out in web browsers, please visit
http://optout.networkadvertising.org. To help preserve the choices that you make in the DAA’s WebChoices page, you can install the DAA’s “Protect My Choices” extension that is available at
Mobile Application Opt-Out. To opt out in mobile apps, you can adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device (for example, in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking, and in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads). You can also opt out for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool by downloading it
here and following the instructions in the app. For more information about opting out on mobile devices, please see
Please note that the opt-outs described above will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile advertising identifiers, change browsers (including upgrading certain browsers), or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work, and you will need to opt out again. Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time.
Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
AxleHire employs physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is foolproof, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
We retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with the Services and to accomplish the purposes of this Policy, or as required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
Clients and Drivers may view and update their user information and preferences by logging into the Services or mobile application and accessing the profile or settings.
Users may unsubscribe from promotional communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each message. Please note, you will still receive administrative messages related to your account from us. You may unsubscribe from text message notifications at any time by responding STOP to any message.
If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please follow the instructions in the above section “Analytics and Interest-based Advertising.”
You may have rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of certain information. You may also have rights under applicable laws to opt out of or withdraw consent to further processing, request copies of your personal data. To make such request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only implement requests related to information that we have associated with the email address used to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Information for Users from outside the United States
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Services is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. AxleHire may also subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties consistent with this Policy located in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Services or by providing any information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
The Services is not directed to children under the age of 13, and AxleHire does not knowingly collect personal or other information from anyone who is under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Policy, you can contact us at
email@example.com or 2150 Shattuck Ave #PH, Berkeley, CA 94704